Get Adobe Flash player
You need the Adobe Flash Player to view this enhanced content





Stevens Mortuary is located in the historic home built for Col. and Mrs. James Scott in 1833. Major renovation and additions include a chapel, large viewing rooms, offices, selection rooms, and exterior enhancements. Furnished with antiques, our facility offers a comfortable and home-like atmosphere like no other.

Our facility is handicapped accessible, with parking lots adjacent to the building. The Stevens Chapel is equipped with a professional sound system, including CD and cassette players. To accommodate families’ musical preferences, an organ and a piano for live music are available. We also offer video memorial tributes, created on premises, which can be shown during the visitation and/or during the service. A link to the video tribute may be placed on the obituary (on our website) allowing friends and family around the world to view it.


We welcome you into our home




Our long-standing tradition is to greet families and guests in the main foyer with its grand staircase, provide directions, and put our visitors at ease.


Visitation Rooms

Our elegantly decorated visitation rooms can be configured to accommodate small private gatherings or large, public visitations.


Visitation Rooms

Featuring one of several antique pianos located throughout the building.


Gold Room

Stevens Mortuary is known throughout East Tennessee for the variety and rarity of antiques personally selected by Mrs. Stevens.


Gold Room

The fireplace is original to the home which was built in 1833.


Stevens Chapel

The Stevens Chapel and adjacent private chapel rooms will accommodate approximately 300 people for services. Families may elect to sit in the chapel or in a private room with full view of the service.


Selection Room

We have a large selection of caskets, urns, and vaults to fit within each family’s budget.

Situated on five acres of picturesque land bordered by a creek, the grounds and award-winning gardens are frequently used as a backdrop for wedding, anniversary, and family reunion photographs by local residents. The beauty and tranquility of our gardens are a source of comfort for our families.


Lower Garden

Southern annuals and perennials as well as magnificent flowering trees surround the fountain in the lower garden.


Easter Sunrise Service

Since 1979, the gardens have been the site of our annual Easter Sunrise Service. Members of the community and families we’ve served come each year to celebrate Easter.


Horse-drawn Hearse

Our logo is a replica of the more than 150-year-old horse-drawn hearse discovered in rural Indiana by the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stevens.



1304 Oglewood Avenue

Knoxville, Tennessee 37917

Phone: 865-524-0331 • Fax: 865-524-0333


Knoxville, Fountain City, Corryton, Halls,

Powell, Clinton, Mascot-Strawberry Plains,

Luttrell, Blaine, Rutledge, Seymour, Norwood,

Karns, Claxton, Farragut, Concord

© Copyright  2011-2015 Stevens Mortuary and FuneralNet®
Stevens Mortuary
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Current Services
To express condolences, click a name below to sign guestbook.
Joseph  Caldwell
No Service
Billie Jo
October 1, 2015
Harry Morris Shelton
September 30, 2015
Martha Jean Neil
September 30, 2015
Travis  Little
No Service
Shirle  Holt Conover
September 19, 2015
Ernestine (Teeny)  Bell
No Service